TECH TIPS from the TECH GURU
You’ve heard the cliche “If it’s not broke, don’t fix it!” That makes plenty of sense doesn’t it, but let’s consider something. Why would you allow it to break or lose functionality?
Maintaining your NAVIGATION/BLUETOOTH system is as important as keeping up with your vehicle’s maintenance. Think of your NAVIGATION/BLUETOOTH system as your wisdom teeth. They always seem to let you down at the most inopportune time (i.e. while on vacation, or while traveling in an unfamiliar city).
It is best practice to come into the dealership to have the following performed periodically:
- Remove old cellular devices from your vehicle’s BLUETOOTH system that you’re not using.
- Clear out stored PREVIOUS DESTINATIONS that you will never revisit to make room for others.
- Remove your phonebook contacts from your vehicle and reinstall to ensure your contacts and phone numbers are up to date.
- Reset your speed dials to ensure you have your favorite contacts are set.
- Reboot your NAVIGATION/BLUETOOTH system and your cellular phone to maximize connectivity and longevity.
- Update your NAVIGATION maps with the newest version to ensure addresses you need can be located (fees apply). Locate new developments, restaurants, streets and malls for cities and states that you travel in, are a few of the benefits the upgrade provides.
All these functions can be performed for you by Lexus of Richmond’s TECHNOLOGY SPECIALIST within minutes at no cost to you (with the exception of the NAVIGATION map upgrade).
If you’re interested in having your NAVIGATION maps upgraded to the newest versions, please feel free to call our BDC Team directly at (804) 323-7695 for pricing and availability.